FOR STUDENT USERS/BORROWERS
• All users are expected to maintain peace in the Library.
• Students without the proper SMS Executive Dress Code will
have no privilege to enter the Library or get the books issued from
• The Librarian shall have the right to refuse admission to
any person inside the library if ample reason is found for doing
• Infringement of any of the rules by any student shall snap
the privilege of borrowing books from the Library and shall also
be liable for any other penalty as deemed fit by the Director.
• No person shall write upon / damage or make any mark upon
the books or documents belonging to Library. Doing so shall invite
punishment / fine.
• Before entry into the Central Library, Personal books, handbags
and any other articles, as prohibited, shall be kept outside the
Library in the property room.
• Before leaving the Library, the readers shall return the
book/document which they have taken for consultation.
• In no case, books shall be issued to the students during
Summer Vacation/Summer Training.
• Mobile phones are strictly not permitted inside the Library
premises. However, the same can be carried inside by switching it
off during the time span a student wishes to spend in the Central
Library. Non-Compliance of this rule by a student may attract a
fine up to Rupees Five Hundred.
• The Director shall have the right to alter or modify any
of the aforesaid rules as per the need of the hour.
• Only bonafide students of the School of Management Sciences
shall be entitled to use the library facilities.
• The Reader's Tickets will be issued along with the Kit to
the student and thereafter, the student shall become a member of
the library and shall be entitled to borrow the
books from the library.
• For Post-Graduate students 6 (Six) and for Under-Graduate
students 4 (Four) Reader’s Tickets shall be issued to each
• The Reader's Ticket shall bear the attested passport size
recent photograph of the student and shall be valid for the entire
duration of the course.
• The Reader's Tickets shall be non-transferable.
• In case of the loss of Reader's Ticket(s), the student shall
report the matter to the Librarian. The duplicate Reader's Ticket(s)
may be issued after a payment of Rs. 100/- per ticket.
• A student using the library shall have to carry his/her
Identity Card and produce the same whenever asked for by the Librarian/
• A student shall return all books issued to him/her by the
Library on the last day of each theory paper of Semester-end / Yearly
Examination, failing which they will not be allowed to appear at
Viva-Voce / Practical Examination.
• All Final Year / Final Semester students will have to deposit
their Library Cards before the date of Comprehensive Viva-Voce /
Practical Examination, failing which No Dues Certificate will not
be issued and student will not be allowed to appear in Viva-Voce
/ Practical Examination and/or No refund of Security Money would
• The Guard will check every reader on the gate of the Library
before and after the entry and exit to and from the Library.
ISSUANCE OF BOOKS & OTHER READING MATERIALS:
• The students themselves shall have to necessarily appear
in person to get the book(s) issued from the Library.
• The students shall not sub-lend the library books to any
other person or institution, whatsoever.
• The students shall present their Identity Cards along with
Reader's Ticket at the Library Counter for borrowing the books.
• Students must check the book/s before they borrow it/them
to ensure that it is/they are intact in all respects. Any mutilation
noticed by the Library Staff after its issue and before its return
shall amount to replacement of book/recovery of cost of book from
• Books shall be issued for 15 days only and must be returned
on or before the due date mentioned on the Date Slip pasted at the
end of the book. In case, the due date falls on a holiday, the book
shall be due for return on the first opening day of the Library
thereafter. No fine would be charged in such a case. The failure
to return the book on the due date shall be treated as a default
on the part of the student and shall result in an overdue charge
of Rs. 5/- per volume per day. A receipt shall be issued by the
Library for any such dues collected.
• Any book/document issued/taken from the Library can be called
back by the Librarian even before the due date of return, if there
is any urgency.
• If a book is lost, the student shall inform the Librarian
in writing about it and he/she shall have to replace the book by
its fresh and latest edition, within a stipulated period as decided
by the Librarian. In case the lost book is out of print or not available
in the market, the student shall have to deposit two times the price
of the lost book(s).
• Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Handbooks, Manuscripts, Journals,
Magazines, Rare and Out-of-Print Books, Training and Research Reports,
Reference Files and any other material declared ‘rare’
shall be considered as Reference Books. The Reference Books, shall
not be issued to any student and shall be available for consultation
in the Library premises only against their Reference Pass Books.
• A student cannot take more than 1 reference book at a time
for reading purposes in the Library.
• In no case a book would be re-issued to the student immediately
• No fine would be imposed during officially declared Preparation
Leave and Examination period.
• Students not returning the books on the last day of their
written / theory examinations would have to pay a fine of Rs. 5/-
per book per day upto a maximum of Rs. 500/- after which the results
of the student(s) would be withheld. However, if the book is reported
as lost by the student, he/she will have to pay two times the price
of the lost book(s).
• Students not returning the book(s) on the last date of their
Written / Theory Semester Examination, and the next semester begins,
the defaulting students will have to pay a consolidated fine of
Rs. 500/- per book.